Saturday, September 5, 2009

Settling In

I've been back at work at Temptations for 3 days now and it's so fucking great, I love my job and bosses a stupid amount. Last night Florence and her friends from LA (a band called The Surrender) crashed at my apt. which was cool, it was funny to see her on the other side of the country and made me miss Cali a whole lot - but Boston is definitely where I belong right now. This whole week I've felt more 'at home' than I have in months, which has a lot to do with seeing Allie every day.. I just never want to live anywhere that she isn't. Plus I get to spend every night kicking it with my favorite boys, meeting new people, and not having to suffer insomnia alone!

I am wildly underprepared for the start of class though, and I'm super broke, but those things will work themselves out.


These songs made my morning bike ride to work really awesome. They're catchy as hell and convey a sense of stability and closure that I haven't quite attained yet, but I'm working towards it.

If there's regret that you feel
About the choice you've made
You'll just have to deal
Before it goes away
You ask me how I feel
And here's what I'll say that
I'm doing fine, just fine - I'm doing fine

-Mirah


I'll give away this girl who tried to make you fall in love
I'll give her to you so keep her close, close to you
So you won't forget about how she loved you
So long ago, once upon a time
Now she has grown up and you can't take it back
A lullaby won't change my mind & I won't ever go back to that
I will stay true, true to this belief
That we've changed for the best through this

- Tilly and the Wall


Oh what a day is today
Nothing can stand in my way
Now that you've shipped out from under my skin
I think I'm ready to win
Oh what a night is tonight
I think I'm ready to fight
Now that my broken bones all have been healed
I think I'm starting to feel
Now that you're gone I can roll on to something good
Oh what a way that we died
Plenty of tears were supplied
My eyes are wrung out and dry as a bone
And I taste much better alone
Now that you're gone I can roll on to something good

- Ingrid Michaelson



Right now, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe a few months of constants and comfortability won't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment