Tuesday, September 22, 2009

All Over The Walls, All Over My Brain

I've listened to Cassino every single day for the past 3 weeks, although it isn't anything new or extraordinary, and this is basically why:

"I know I'll always stay possessed like some preacher to a crucifix if you drive your nails into me. We're sitting on the floor in a pile trading our arms for some wings of harm. I am god damned, been blown from the hinge and I can now barely stand. Oh Jaelyn I can feel you like the wind. The beatings that rotation brings has us bedding down on anything but as our shrinking lives collide and ring the sound is beautiful and lean. I never planned to live like this - empty vaults, a rolling kiss, oh I never plan on anything. Sitting on the floor in a smile I'm tearing apart, like poverty art you are god sent. Been blown from the hinge and I can now barely stand."



Their lyrics just read like poetry. I love that. I actually printed out City and Colour lyrics too this week to make a little poetry booklet to read in my boring classes. I'm a freak. Here's some real poetry:


"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

The stars go waltzing out in blue and red,
And arbitrary blackness gallops in:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

God topples from the sky, hell’s fires fade:
Exit seraphim and Satan’s men:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

I fancied you’d return the way you said,
But I grow old and I forget your name.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)"

-Mad Girl’s Love Song by Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment